Final Fantasy 14 - Beginners Guide to Eorzea - Final Fantasy 14 TermsThere are several terms in Final Fantasy 14 that you will need acquainting with before you will be able to settle into the world of Eorzea. This guide will give you a run through of the basic terms and a description of each.
Final Fantasy 14 Terms
- Player Attributes
- Action Points
- Physical Level
- Discipline Rank
- Skill Points
- Guildleves (Leves)
HP (Hit Points)This is a stat that everyone is probably familiar with. This determines your character's health, the higher the number is, the better your character can withstand enemy attacks, and when this reaches 0, you are KO'ed and have to 'Return' to your last visited Aetheryte. HP regenerates when in Passive mode.
MP (Mana Points)Most spells in Final Fantasy 14 require a certain amount of MP to be cast. When this reaches 0, no more spells can be cast until your MP is restored. MP can only be restored by interacting with an Aetheryte.
TP (Tactical Points)The TP bar allows you to use certain abilities, which require a certain amount of TP to execute. This bar rises as you do actions in battle. Your TP has a maximum of 3000 and will start to drop when you leave combat (but are still in Active mode), or will drop even faster if you are in Passive mode. As depicted in the Final Fantasy 14 Character Creation page, your character as several more fine grained attributes, below is a description of what they mean
- Strength (STR) - Physical attack power
- Vitality (VIT) - Physical defence and HP
- Dexterity (DEX) - Attack accuracy
- Intelligence (INT) - Magical attack power
- Mind (MND) - Magical defence and MP
- Piety (PIE) - Magical Accuracy
- Fire - Strength: Ice, Weakness: Wind
- Ice - Strength: Wind, Weakness: Fire
- Wind - Strength: Fire, Weakness: Ice
- Earth- Strength: Lightning, Weakness: Water
- Lightning- Strength: Water, Weakness: Earth
- Water- Strength: Earth, Weakness: Lightning
Comments (0 thread(s))